Saona Island ”Canto de la Playa”, Excursion in the Dominican Republic
This trip takes you to the enchanted place where the cold waters of the Atlantic Ocean meet the warmer ones of the Caribbean sea, at the last beach of the stunning Saona Island. Called Canto de la Playa, this beach is part of the protected natural habitat of Saona Island and is home to conservation efforts that include sea turtles.
It is a blissful, pristine beach and perfect for relaxing, or snorkelling in the coral reefs. Historic Mano Juan, an authentic fishing village on Saona with a population of 300, is an interesting stop before leaving the island to see the mangrove garden and natural sea pools full of starfish on the way home to Bayahibe.
“Canto de la Playa” Dominican Republic Excursion Program
It’s always good to start the day with breakfast, so all participants are invited to a small morning meal at in one of our seaview cafeterias before departure. Your pick-up time for the daytrip will be arranged when you book the excursion through Santo Domingo Vacation d’Elite. This excursion is offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and is one of the most popular things to do for all ages visiting the Dominican Republic.
Itinerary as follows:
● 09.00 hrs – Departure from Bayahibe
● Canto de la Playa
● Mano Juan
● Natural sea pools
● 17.00 hrs – Return to Bayahibe
The Dominican buffet-style lunch includes fresh lobster, meat, potatoes, salad, bread, fruit, soft drinks, Presidente beer, and Rum Brugal.
Prices for the excursion with boat or speed Catamaran:
● $75 US for adults and $37.50 US for children ages two to 12. This includes free transfer from Bayahibe and Dominicus hotels as well as all beverages.
● Excursion with transfer from Bavaro/Punta Cana or Bocachica – $98 US for adults and $65 US for children ages two to 12 and includes all beverages.
Prices for VIP Boat Excursion:
● $112 US for adults and $57 US for children ages two to 12. This includes fee transfer from Bayahibe and Dominicus hotels as well as all beverages.
● Excursion with transfer from Bavaro/Punta Cana or Bocachica – $132 US for adults and $77 US for children ages two to 12 and includes all beverages.
This excursion must be booked at least 48 hours (or two days) in advance of departure.
To book an unforgettable daytrip to Saona Island’s Canto de la Playa, contact Santo Domingo Vacation d’Elite on email@example.com and one of our professional staff members will help you with this and any of our other excursion or vacation packages.